Accounts And Administration Officer
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Accounts and Administration Officer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company accounting and administration functions. Accounting functions will include managing accounts receivables, accounts payables, keeping financial records updated, preparing reports, developing cash flow statements, reconciling bank statements, process business transactions, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts, dealing with the company bankers and using the company’s accounting Peachtree software program.
Administration functions will include, overseeing the company day to day activities such as purchasing and logistics operations.
Other duties include:
- Proper maintenance and reconciliation of the Petty Cash system (foreign and local)
- Assistance with the preparation of periodic financial statements, budgets, cash flow, payroll, and relevant general ledger account reconciliations.
- Monitoring of all project budgets on a monthly basis.
- Assistance in the development of relevant policies and procedures, financial audits, and statutory reporting requirements.
- Compliance with accounting standards and maintainance of structures that meet both statutory and management reporting requirements and comply with audit practices.
- Assist with the day to day operations and overall administrative activities.
- Supervise admin staff.
- Process foreign payments and transactions.
- Oversee the logistics of minor projects and assist the projects division as needed
- Execute procurement functions when required
Desired Candidate Profile:
- ACCA level 2, or above.
- Sage accounting certification (Peachtree), or 3+ years of experience using this accounting system.
- Demonstrated progressive track record of 5+ years of experience
- Thorough understanding & exposure to costing structures & pricing criteria would be an asset.
- Pro-active, energetic and self-motivated.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and challenging environment.
- Flexible and dependable.
Deadline for Submission of applications is Friday 27th November 2020