Our Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to join our team in the capacity of Accounting Supervisor (AS).
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for supervising staff and the workflow of daily operations of the Accounting Department to facilitate accurate monthly reporting.
- Supervises and oversees the timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions.
- Oversees the Accounts Payables Department.
- Supervises the preparation of payroll.
- Ensures that all relevant journal entries are made on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of audit schedules.
- Assists with inventory cost accounting
- Assists in the preparation of management reports.
- Ensures reconciliation of inventory sub ledger to general ledger.
- Prepares analysis of the provision for obsolete and slow moving goods.
- Prepares stock count variance Report.
- Promotes a very high standard of customer service internally and externally.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or ACCA Level 2 or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ technical work experience in Accounting.
- At least 3 years’ experience at a supervisory level.
- Experience in auditing would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of inventory cost accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of International Accounting Standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) including ability to negotiate, build consensus and clearly articulate to all levels of staff and clients
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to execute tasks and make independent decisions.
Interested persons should submit an application no later than Monday January 25, 2021 to: hrrightfit1@ gmail.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.