The Accounting Assistant shall be responsible for the preparation of all monthly journals for UDeCOTT and its subsidiaries within the stipulated close off period for the purpose of financial reporting.
The Accounting Assistant shall be responsible for the preparation of all monthly journals for UDeCOTT and its subsidiaries within the stipulated close off period for the purpose of financial reporting. The incumbent shall also provide support in the area of Monitoring and Compliance.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Level I ACCA, CIMA, CPA or CMA
- Basic knowledge of Accounting principles
- Basic knowledge of State Financial Regulations
- Working knowledge of the Corporation’s Chart of Accounts
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics will be an asset
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and software relevant to job functions
- A minimum of two (2) years’ performing similar functions, preferably in a government or state enterprise
Any equivalent combination of qualifications, training and working experience will be given consideration.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reviews the general ledger prepayment account , fixed asset accounts, prepaid Insurance account prepare and enter the relevant journal and update the associated schedule
- Reviews the General Ledger accrual account, reverse the previous month accruals, enter current month journal and update accrual schedule
- Review car park daily cash revenue accounts and prepare vat journals
- Preparation of all subsidiary monthly journals
- Prepare any other month end journals, adjusting and correction journals.
- Prepare Monthly Construction Schedule (PM Fees)
- File all Journals for the Finance Department
- Any other duties assigned by the Unit Head as it pertains to the responsibilities of the Unit and or Department.
- Assist in the collation of documents for external audits annually
Monitoring and Compliance (Loans/Treasury)
- Receives, reviews and actions accordingly mail correspondence dispatched from the Office of the CEO/Receptionist from Financial Institutions/Banks and Ministry of Finance on loan/financing/funding related matters.
- Prepares the first drawdown notice on funding at financing close.
- Prepares for submission all legal and ancillary documents at financing close to the Financial Institutions/Banks.
- Provides copies of all closing legal and ancillary documents to the Legal Department and Office of the Corporate Secretary and files the originals accordingly.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly reports in relation to Loans/Treasury to the Ministry of Finance in accordance with the SEPMM and as directed by the Divisional Manager, Finance, these include but are not limited to:
- Ministry of Finance Investments Monthly and Quarterly Status of Loans/Overdraft Portfolio Government Guaranteed and Letters of Comfort Report
- Ministry of Finance Investments Monthly and Quarterly Status of Loans/Overdraft Portfolio Non- Government Guaranteed Report
- Ministry of Finance Investments Quarterly Status of Investments in Securities Portfolio
- Prepares periodic and/or specific correspondence in relation to Loans/Treasury as directed by the Divisional Manager, Finance to Financial Institutions/Banks and Ministries etc., these include but are not limited to:
- Certificates of Deposits/Bondholder Certificates
- Loan Repayment notices to Ministries
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation.
Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications inclusive of Cover letters and CV's. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on November 27, 2020. Hard copy applications should be submitted to:
Divisional Manager, Human Resources, Level 5, UDeCOTT Head Office, 38-40 Sackville Street, Port of Spain