Responsible for accounting functions that includes accounts payables, accounts receivables, and conducting reconciliation of balance sheet accounts such as related party transactions, fixed assets, and employee receivables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing the AP process from entering invoices through to payment. Ensuring that all pertinent approvals are done.
- Maintains financial filing system for all invoicing generated to Accounts Payable and Receivables which includes scanning, filing and archiving accounting documents.
- Completes balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
- Preparing journal entries for updating general ledger as required.
- Assists with the monthly financial closing; calculates and prepares month end accrual and prepayment journal entries.
- Prepares month end accounts payable and receivable account analysis as required.
- Conducting monthly consumable stock counts.
- Assists with accounts receivable tasks such as reviewing of cashier reconciliations and verifying cash receipts on a daily basis.
- Prepares year end and interim audit schedules.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting clerical position
- Highly computer literate with strong knowledge of MS Office programs particularly Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow up
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently to meet
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of SAP Accounting software is a desired asset