A reputable and dynamic Distributor invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the Accountant’s primary responsibilities will be to document and analyze financial information for the preparation of financial reports to support management decision making.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Analyses and provides periodic statistical reports on the financial performance as it relates to sales, margins and profit performance and trends.
- Tracks and identifies any unusual or unforeseen trends and reports any material variations from the financial objectives.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to guide the strategic planning process by utilising historical data and trends to develop forecasts and projections.
- Conducts feasibility studies on new business opportunities and investment proposals and draft recommendations for evaluation by Senior Management.
- Examine operating cost and expense structures and submit proposals for cost reductions.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable function.
- Review, approve and post accounts payables batches in ACCPAC software application.
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures
- Prepare the bank reconciliations monthly
- Prepare for review, the daily, weekly and monthly basis cash flow reports
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts and prepares audit schedules/analyses on a monthly basis:
- Ensure that all recurring journal entries are posted at the end of each month.
- Review the audit schedules assigned to Accounts Payables Officers prior to submission to the Chief Accountant
- Reconciliation of main bank accounts
- Monthly maintenance of the fixed assets registers and physical control over company assets
- Assist in the preparation of company expenditure budgets
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- ACCA certified level III or a BSc Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent qualifications.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications and accounting software, including Microsoft Excel and Word. Working knowledge of SAGE Premium Software would be a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
The individual must possess:
- Solid financial analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and negotiation skills.
- Good human relations skills and the ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
- May occasionally be required to work beyond normal working hours.
- May occasionally be required to work some weekends.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their application letter and resume no later than Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.