St Vincent Chamber of Industry and Commerce
ABOUT THE CHAMBER
The Chamber of Industry and Commerce is a non-profit, non-govermental, membership-based private sector organization. The SVGCIC is the oldest and largest non-governmental private sector organization in St.Vincent and the Grenadines. Our key purpose is to enable private sector growth and development, facilitate trade and encourage investment.
As a member of the SVGCIC, businesses are aligned with more than 100 other businesses and individuals in an organization that is working to strengthen the long-term economic strength of its members and the business community. The SVGCIC, as the main voice of the business community, maintains close links with Government and increasingly contribute to the development process of the country. And just as importantly, we have links and affiliations at regional and international level with inter-governmental and private organizations aimed at widening our scope of activities and better promoting businesses in St.Vincent and the Grenadines.
There are two primary functions of the SVGCIC: first, we act as the spokesman for the business and professional community and translate the group thinking of our members into action; second, we render specific services of a type that can be most effectively rendered by a business support organization both to our members and to the community as a whole.
OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSE
The objectives of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry are to:
- To defend and promote the interests of the business community towards the Government and other official authorities;
- Represent members and submit views and proposals to the authorities on their behalf
- To generate and stimulate activities which are of general interest to the business community;
- To represent the business community;
- To promote Investments and trade in goods and services
- To collect, analyze and disseminate information to members
- To maintain structured forms of dialogue with public authorities
- To participate in the elaboration of strategies and policies meant to enhance the economic and social development processes of the country
- To encourage and facilitate interaction of members with public authorities and business organizations locally and abroad
- To organise training activities for business development and enhancement of international trade
WHAT WE DO
The St.Vincent and the Grenadines Chamber of Industry and Commerce offers a wide variety of programs and opportunities to help businesses grow and succeed. We boast services designed to add value to members. Some of our activities include:
- Business Consultations- Counselling is offered to individuals interested in starting a new business, expanding an existing business, or looking for ways to improve a troubled business. Meetings are by appointment only made through the Chamber office.
- Business Luncheon Series – Every quarter the Chamber host a business luncheon , where guest speakers are invited to speak on various business-related topics.
- Business Improvement and Professional development Forums – Throughout the year, the Chamber presents seminars and workshops on topics relevant to business. These forums focus on current trends, new laws and regulations affecting business as well as provide opportunities for the professional development of employees such as customer service, leadership skill development.
- Business Matchmaking – We are the point of contact for many businesses locally, regionally and internationally and we are happy to make referrals for companies interested in finding partners.
- Export Assistance – The Chamber provides services and information to help expand export markets
- Participation in Trade Missions and Expo – Each year the Chamber organizes delegations to overseas trade missions and expos. By being a part of the delegation, businesses have the opportunity to promote their products and services.
Business Networking and Exposure
- Advertising Opportunities - A variety of events and publications are available for businesses to promote their products and services.
- Referrals - Chamber members are always referred when product or service information is requested at the Chamber office.
- Business After Hours- These evening receptions are hosted monthly by member businesses as a great opportunity to network with clients and prospective clients. This informal early evening gathering provides an opportunity for business, regardless of size, to form new associations and enhance those already established.
- Membership Directory - Each member is listed in the directory alphabetically. Each member business is given a directory to use to patronize other members and the directory is also available on our website.
- Chamber Review Newsletter - The Chamber publishes a quarterly newsletter to inform our members of upcoming events, Chamber functions, new members, creative promotional ideas, advertising opportunities, and business related articles
- Internet - The Chamber website lists member contact information including links to their websites.
- Job bank – On our website, job seekers can use use menus and key words to define types of jobs they are interested in based on salary range, location and other criteria. Chamber members can post job opportunities at a reduced rate.
- Radio & Television Program –The Chamber is a part of radio and television programs that provides information relevant to business and address issues impacting the business community. We also affordable advertising for members.
Advocacy and Representation
- Committee/Task Force Involvement – Each year, Committees consisting of members of the community are formed to study and recommend solutions to issues impacting our community. Committees include Business and trade facilitation, Corporate responsibility and Education and ICT development
- Lobbying- The Chamber takes and objective and assertive position on behalf of members by lobbying on issues important to our business community.
P.O Box 134
3rd Floor Corea’s Building
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Telephone: (1 784) 457 1464
Fax: (1 784) 4562944
For more information on the chamber please visit www.svg-cic.org