Since our launch in Jamaica in 2001, Digicel has expanded rapidly and now spans 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. In recent years we have evolved into a Total Communications and Entertainment provider by broadening our
Since our launch in Jamaica in 2001, Digicel has expanded rapidly and now spans 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. In recent years we have evolved into a Total Communications and Entertainment provider by broadening our products and services to include Cable TV and Broadband, Digital Advertising and Business Solutions. We are proud to serve our valued customers across a number of different platforms at home, at work and on the go. Employing over 6,500 people we have invested more than US$5 billion in our business worldwide to bring leading edge technologies and services to the countries in which we operate.
We take great pride in creating an EXTRAORDINARY work environment in which our people can excel. Digicel brings together smart, dedicated and energetic people from all walks of life. With 92 different nationalities represented, we are a truly global organisation.
Whether working within our technology, commercial or operational areas Digicel life is always engaging, dynamic, and above all rewarding. Our people are always looking to challenge the status quo and understand how we can be better for the good of our customers and our communities. Sound good?
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
We invite applications for a new Digicel Opportunity - Public Relations (PR) and Engagement Manager, Digicel Foundation
Primary objective of the job:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:Public Relations and CommunicationsThe key responsibility for this area is to manage, and support Digicel Foundation's Public Relations and Communication functions. Key activities will include partnering with internal and external stakeholders to:
- The main responsibilities of the incumbent is to effectively manage the Marketing, PR, Communication and Engagement functions of Digicel Foundation.
- He/she will work jointly with the Foundation's CEO in the development of a comprehensive PR/Communications and Marketing strategy to effectively meet the Foundation's objectives.
- The Manager will also be responsible for the execution of a Micro-grants facility aimed at increasing the PR exposure of the Foundation. He/She will also coordinate the awareness component of the Special Needs Portfolio.
Marketing The key responsibility for this area is to manage, and support Digicel Foundation's Marketing function. Key activities will include partnering with internal and external stakeholders to:
- Set and guide the strategy for all communications and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Digicel Foundation's mission.
- Coordinate the effective and efficient flow of information to Digicel Foundation CEO, standing committees of the Board of Directors, the Digicel Foundation Board of Directors, Digicel Jamaica Departments, partners, beneficiaries, and international donors.
- Work closely with the Digicel Jamaica Marketing and Human Resource Departments in the execution of all planned activities, which includes special needs initiatives, inclusive of Digicel 5K and other engagement programmes and projects for Digicel Dealers, Dealer staff and Digicel Jamaica and Group staff.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual Communications Plan in collaboration with the Digicel Foundation team.
- Develop, monitor and coordinate the generation of online content that engages audience segments.
- Develop and implement communications mediums to create momentum and awareness.
- Manage the development and distribution of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, quarterly newsletters, brochures, annual report and Digicel Foundation's website.
- Coordinate and collaborate on the production of multi-media (audio and video) content. This involves, planning, coordination of participants, preparation of briefing materials and liaising with other colleagues.
- Monitor and evaluate the level of engagement on social media sites.
- Maintain a news media archive for the Foundation.
- Manage all media relationships and communique.
EngagementThe key responsibility for this area is to manage, and support Digicel Foundation's Engagement function. Key activities will include partnering with internal and external stakeholders to:
- Coordinate and collaborate on internal and external marketing strategies for Digicel Foundation's programmes and projects.
- Create business cases from marketing research to develop and implement new strategies and campaigns.
- Work closely with the Digicel Jamaica Marketing Department to ensure greater synergy in the execution of projects and activities related to Digicel Foundation.
- Prepare comprehensive Communication Plans around all initiatives and projects for submission to the CEO, PR Sub-Committee, and the Board.
- Manage and coordinate all on-the-ground activations, events and activities related to Digicel Foundation.
- Manage the Micro-Grants Programmes
- Manage relationships with all external partners, including: Ministry of Education, Special Needs partners, Community Development, Schools, Training Partners and other stakeholders
- Manage all projects and activities related to the programme.
- Prepare a detailed execution plan for Digicel Foundation's programmes and projects with set targets and KPI for engagement of Dealer Store Management and Staff.
- Manage engagement initiatives for Digicel Staff, Digicel Dealers and family in soliciting project proposals and managing the selected projects.
- Liaising with Digicel Jamaica HR and Digicel Group HR Coordinate and manage all volunteer activities, including but not limited to advisories to staff, transportation, meals, etc. for the volunteer event.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs and community groups for smooth implementation.
- Effectively coordinate and manage all third party contracts to ensure all deliverables are achieved
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure project deliverables are provided on time, within budget and meet Digicel Foundation, Digicel Jamaica and/or donor requirements.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- Efficiently monitor and evaluate all activities and initiatives and provide comprehensive reports and appropriate recommendations.
- All other duties assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field with practical working experience in Marketing, Journalism
- A minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a similar capacity or Post Graduate Studies
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Experience working with an international development agency or private sector foundation is an asset
- Competence in Research Methodologies will be an asset
- Excellent Programme Development, Monitoring and Evaluation Skills
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Expertise in Research Methodologies and Data Analysis
- Expertise in Change Management
- Expertise in Communication for Behaviour Change
- Excellent Interpersonal and Relationship Building Skills
- Expertise in Team Dynamics
- Team Player
- Excellent Communication and Persuasion skills
- Excellent Multitasking Skills
- Strategic and Tactile Thinker
- Charismatic and Inspirational Leadership Skills
- Ability to work independently and "on own initiative'
- Creative Thinker/ Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Strong Decision Making Skills
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, enterprising environment, where your skills will be valued and rewarded. Digicel recognizes our staff and management team are largely responsible for our success to date. Digicel's unique culture is driven by an entrepreneurial style encapsulated by our Chairman, board of directors and management, all seasoned telecom executives and industry experts with vast experience in building, expanding and marketing mobile services globally.