Reporting to the VP Call Centre Operations, the Project Manager’s (PM) objective is the successful management of key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within scope and budget.
Why Join Us?
Advantage Communications is an outsourced contact centre company operating in both Jamaica and Canada. We’re known as “the nice guys” in the contact centre industry and have kept a relatively low profile in the marketplace over the last 18 years. Advantage has created a culture of reliable and engaged staff that have become ambassadors of our brand. We hire capable and innovative individuals who share in our values and fit within our culture. We want to you to become part of our team.
“The only people we treat better than our clients, are our employees. We love our staff,” Kent MacPhee, President & CEO of Advantage Communications Inc.
Reporting to the VP Call Centre Operations, the Project Manager’s (PM) objective is the successful management of key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within scope and budget. The PM will be accountable for developing project plans, driving transformation, and coordinating the delivery of projects that have both significant business value and potential operational risk. You will also work with an extended team to monitor cost, evaluate, schedule, and allocate various resources. To be successful, you will need to be able to balance competing objectives in a complex business environment operating within the Call Centre/Telecom sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following however other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for executing and leading project plans ensuring completion of deliverables within the defined deadlines, scope, and budget.
- Assist in the definition of the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop detailed project plans and deliverables which align with stakeholder expectations and standards.
- Coordinates internal resources and/or third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of deliverables.
- Manage changes to the overall project scope, schedule, and costs using the appropriate verification processes.
- Employ effective project and change management methodologies to assess and minimize any project risk, escalates issues and barriers as necessary to management.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools/techniques, tracks completion of action items, and develops baseline metrics of success.
- Showcase high-performing practices that can serve as a template for other areas.
- Create and maintain detailed project records and structures project organization to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Ensure the allocation and availability of all necessary resources.
- Support managers in cross-functional strategic program management activities.
- Ensure control of projects/work streams: dealing with conflicting priorities, issues, risks, dependencies, and change.
- Balance the demands of concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of diplomacy.
- Champion project management best practices and process improvements.
- Drive the development of business cases to secure strategic project funding and track financials on a monthly basis through execution.
- Manage relationships, develop communications, and champion the objective to the broad stakeholder base across the value chain (including executives, third parties, and vendors).
- Apply exceptional leadership skills in managing expectations, mitigating risk and removing roadblocks.
- Communicate program details effectively to all stakeholders providing project status updates, feedback, and reporting on projects
- Direct and provide guidance and ongoing support to team members throughout all critical project phases including regular feedback and coaching; delegate specific objectives to team members.
This role will be responsible for the management and direction of both strategic and tactical project teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experienced in implementing projects in a complex telecom/IT business environment.
- Diverse Contact Centre Operations and technology skills.
- Strong technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in telecom, software development, and web technologies.
- Ability to interpret corporate strategies and translate them into practical project plans.
- Proficiency with project management methodologies and tools.
- Ability to formulate stakeholder assessment, engagement and obtain buy-in strategies and execution.
- Knowledge and experience preparing and presenting presentations to senior audiences
- Strong business acumen with excellent client-facing and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong impact and influence skills without authority.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with all levels of cross functional teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a Leadership, Project Management or Senior Business Analysis role, preferably within the IT or telecom sectors.
- Experience in Process Improvement and Change Leadership.
- Experience managing large projects with multi stakeholder groups.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading transformational activities.
- PMP designation is required.
- In-depth understanding of project management methodologies, principles, and practices.
- University degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Lean six sigma methodologies would be an asset.
- Travel is required.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
“Our team has created culture of caring within our organization where employees come first. We have a strong and innovative team, one that I am proud to be a part of,” Ryan L. White, Director of Human Resources.
Advantage Communications is a trusted partner in outsourced business solutions for high-growth and Fortune 1000 companies in the telecommunications and banking verticals. Since 1996, the company has developed a strong reputation for creating meaningful jobs, boasting some of the lowest turnover rates in the industry. Advantage has locations in Atlantic Canada and Jamaica providing outsourced technical support, help desk, and customer care solutions for clients across North America.
Visit us on the web at www.advantagecall.com.