Paid and Taken Cashier - RadioShack
- San Fernando
- Not disclosed
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 11/01/2017
- Human Resources
To effectively conduct and perform accurate Cash/accounting transactions and the provision of excellent Internal and external customer service
- Receives, finds solution to customer complaints, and refers complaints where necessary.
- Achieves monthly sales targets.
- Maintains efficient stock control in Paid and Taken area, keeps area well merchandised and clean and merchandises with discretion (easily movable items are not displayed within close reach of anyone).
- Ensures that during lunch periods the area is fully manned.
- Works with porters to ensure customers obtain assistance to carry their products and informs
customers in a friendly manner of the Security checks before leaving the premises.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously.
- Makes payments via cash, debit or credit cards and confirms cheques by Branch Managers.
- Tests all appliances, ensures customer understands the operation of the product before purchasing and informs customer of safety precaution e.g. electrical cords not to be plunged water etc.
- Obtains comprehensive product knowledge on all items.
- Backs up on hard copy of cashier’s work at the end of the day.
- Maintains all relevant files with regard to Refund, Corrections and Cashier’s reconciliations.
- Ensures all items are coded with the sensormatic codes bars where available and decodes all Products where available using the electronic decoding system after purchase.
- Collects and counts cash accurately and reconciles ends of day takings in presence of
Administrators / Supervisor.
- Closes off and prepares deposit slips for banking and witnesses the re-checking of
monies by Administrators/Supervisor/Manager who enters on system and then bags and
takes to rotary safe.
- Ensures High Risk items are safe in locked glass case/cabinet and that keys are kept safely.
- Ensures items are properly labelled on an ongoing basis.
- Complies with stock procedures during stock take exercises.
- Performs stock checks daily – with regards to High Risk Checks, reports any discrepancies to Supervisor/Branch Manager and ensures files are kept safely.
- Performs any other duties requested by the Branch Manager, Assistant Manager, Floor
Supervisor, Regional Manager and Operations Director.
Qualification / Education:
- Five (5) GCE/CXC Ordinary level Passes including Mathematics, English Language and
Principles of Account.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Must be people-oriented, organized, self-confident/motivated, goal-oriented, persistent and committed, able to cope well in stress-related environments and possesses strong
Leadership skills, computer literacy skills.
- Ability to use one’s own initiative
- Ability to work with figures quickly and accurately
- One (1) year experience in cashiering and stock control
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Telephone Etiquette