- 15000 - 25000
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 11/01/2017
- Eve Anderson Recruitment Limited
To plan, direct and control the company’s production, engineering and quality assurance operations so as to ensure the achievement of forecasted or desired outputs and compliance with established institutional, regulatory and industry requirements
- Develop, recommend and implement strategic operational plans, policies and initiatives to ensure that established corporate objectives are met.
- Plan, direct and control the use of available human, physical and financial resources in achieving operational work targets, standards and specifications.
- Ensure the application of established quality, safety and productivity measures in achieving operational efficiency.
- Research, develop and recommend new technologies and innovative approaches for the development of enhanced levels of operational productivity.
- Prepare draft budget proposals for the operations function and administer approved budgets.
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies and plans for the establishment and sustenance of effective levels of operational productivity in accordance with the company’s short, medium and long term objectives. of production schedules
- Direct the establishment and maintenance to meet the company’s sales requirements.
- Select, develop and monitor the utilization and performance of junior personnel so as to create and maintain effective levels of productivity.
- Identify, investigate and correct operational discrepancies in equipment performance, output quality, efficiency levels and compliance with institutional or industry safety and sanitation standards or specifications.
- Review deficient production performance on a daily basis to identify root causes and develop solutions for the establishment and maintenance of desired productivity levels.
- Prepare operational reports to review plant performance trends, update strategic plans, identify and correct production discrepancies and monitor progress to the achievement of enhanced profitability objectives.
- Develop and implement appropriate succession and career development plans for Operations personnel consistent with established corporate human resource management perspectives, policies and procedures.
- Conduct operational audits for the division in accordance with the established ISO 9002 audit program.
- Research new technologies, work methods and opportunities for industrial plant operations and initiate appropriate system changes to facilitate the achievement of enhanced productivity levels.
- Coordinate the application of appropriate product security measures and the effective maintenance of the
company’s buildings and compounds.
- Prepare draft operations budget proposals and administer approved budgets.
- Perform other related duties as required by the job function.
- Authorized to develop and implement appropriate operational strategies for the optimization of plant performance
- Authorized to plan, direct and control the utilization of the company’s human, physical and financial resources in achieving operational objectives.
The incumbent should possess extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of process or industrial
engineering, production management and the institutional, industry, statutory and regulatory framework in which the company operates, well developed strategic management and negotiating skills, interpretative judgement, interpersonal and communicative skills, a thorough understanding of the operating goals, objectives and perspectives of the company, effective computer skills and sound knowledge of the quality assurance processes, controls and standards employed in optimizing production.
These knowledges, skills and abilities are normally obtained in the process of acquisition of a first degree in industrial engineering, production management or equivalent accreditation together with at least eight years post qualification experience in similar or related job functions, three of which must have been in a relevant middle or senior management position.