The incumbent reports to the Assistant Vice President, Trust Services and is responsible for the accurate valuation of Client’s Funds and to report thereon in accordance with best practice and the Corporation’s legislative framework.
Manager - Fund Administration
The incumbent reports to the Assistant Vice President, Trust Services and is responsible for the accurate valuation of Client’s Funds and to report thereon in accordance with best practice and the Corporation’s legislative framework. Responsible for the direction and leadership of a team of professionals.
- Ensure the accurate valuation of all instruments for the production of accurate NAV pricing.
- Ensure that all private portfolios under management are accurately valued daily.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the Fund Administration team.
- Ensure that daily transactions are settled promptly and approved investments are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all reports are accurately prepared and submitted in a timely manner to internal / external publics.
- Ensure statutory reporting to all Regulators.
- Leading interface with departments and Regulators requiring reports on Fund Administration related issues.
- To be part of the senior management team and representative on the Valuation Steering Committee
- Ensure that portfolios are well managed and maintained and that reports are prepared in accordance with the UTC Act, the SEC - CIS guidelines and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all funding requirements have been satisfied.
- Effective day-to-day administration of the Fund Administration Unit.
- Perform a lead role in any new IT systems design and implementation.
The selected candidate must possess the following combination of qualifications, skills, training and experience:
- MBA, CFA, ACCA or MSC in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Financial IT Systems’ Implementation will be an asset
- 5-7 years’ experience in a finance/investment environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline oriented
- Knowledge of investment securities
- Analysis of and reporting on structured and illiquid securities