Ref: CC/MTCE MNGR
- San Juan/Barataria
- Not disclosed
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 18/04/2017
- Human Resources
To plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Maintenance Department.
- Manage and coordinate all activities performed by the administrative and technical
staff of the department.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to all staff in the Maintenance Department.
- Assist with recruiting, training and mentoring of new technical recruits while
upgrading the technical competencies of the existing technicians.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, training and
- Manage internal issues to resolve complaints, problems and discipline or reward staff
- Monitor technical accuracy of work performed by technicians.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures and standards for improved operations of
the department and general facility.
- Confer with senior management on projects and issues of concern that affect the
overall performance of the department.
- Review, recommend and approve contracts and cost estimates with senior management’s
- Analyze technology and resource needs as required for the improvement of the factory’s
operations i.e. identifies capital expenditure needs.
- Responsible for the purchasing and installation of equipment based on detailed analyses of
plant needs and budgetary constraints.
- Manage / monitor the coordination and timely response to breakdowns, diagnosis of
faults, and investigation of production problems and repair of equipment.
- Develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs for all equipment
to drive operational efficiency.
- Participate in developing plans and formulating recommendations for the efficient operation
of the facility.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports on department
performance in keeping with established guidelines; preparing annual budgets;
approving expenditure and making decisions about the purchase of materials or
Qualification / education:
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Electrical / Electronic / Industrial disciplines
- Post-graduate degree in Engineering would be an asset
Skills / Experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably in the food manufacturing industry) at a senior level
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Experience with reading electrical blueprints
- Knowledge of high voltage systems
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance & Management Systems)
- Able to exercise personal influence and to resolve conflict
- Resilient, energetic, driven and passionate
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Able to multitask, work independently and manage competing priorities effectively
- Able to build effective teams and to motivate others