Ref: Brand Manager - TKG
- Not disclosed
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 17/02/2017
Job Title: Brand Manager
Reports To: Head of Marketing & Business Development
To lead and champion the implementation and monitoring of various marketing, branding and advertising strategy, promotions and sales campaigns for all appointed Brands within the guidelines of their international and local marketing plans. The Brand Manager also develops a budget and leads all aspects of the marketing function to meet the constant changes and competitive requirements of the beverage industry while working in close collaboration with the Trade and Marketing Manager.
- Develop, implement & evaluate marketing plan, to expand existing market share and customer base.
- Participate in regular meetings with the sales team to facilitate communication and feedback from the market and evaluation of marketing programs.
- Meet regularly with Customer Service & Sales managers to review performance. Recommend marketing initiatives and assist with implementation.
- Manage and ensure positive financial performance for brands and customers.
- Work closely with sales, merchandising, promotions & Customer Service departments in implementation of marketing programs. This includes advertising campaigns, running shows, seminars, and other promotions.
- Lead new product and category marketing strategy in collaboration with Trade and Marketing Manager.
- Prepare, manage and lead annual budget for shopper marketing plan; the development and implementation in collaboration with Trade Marketing Manager for alignment of customers and brands strategies.
- Lead the annual budgeting for shopper marketing plan for the development and implementation in collaboration with Trade Marketing Manager
- Take the strategic direction for agency relationship, customer marketing programs and vendor partner opportunities.
- Responsible for the design and production or procurement of product samples, literature, signs, banners, shelf talkers, merchandising racks and any other promotional material to support marketing programs.
- Direct market research, analysis and synthesize consumer insights around portfolio transformation when necessary to understand or confirm consumer practices.
- Establish and monitor consistent metrics to track market share information with a focus on achieving market share goals as assigned.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts, store owners, managers and relevant personnel by regular visits and interaction.
- Monitor customer purchases to identify changes in purchasing patterns.
- Monitor competitive product, pricing, and activity to differentiate each brands offering from competitors.
- Regularly visit customers to review displays & recommend improvements in shelf management, product mix and point of purchase marketing programs.
- Assist in the creation of communication strategies.
- Co-lead and champion cross-functional teams to execute projects and campaigns to successful completion across teams.
- Review and rationalize product portfolio to maximize sales and profitability.
- Meet with Procurement Department to determine optimal order levels.
- Work with Business development & Sales Managers to implement and monitor category management programs in supermarkets.
- Manage employee performance; coach; mentor and develop team members.
- Identify training needs and ensure appropriate training.
- Prepare annual review and evaluation of previous year’s marketing plan.
- Complete all reports and metrics identified in the Desk Planner.
- Assist immediate supervisor with any other task that may be necessary to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Be a leader in the business by sharing ideas and passion.
Job Characteristics –Indicate the complexity, scope, and impact
- Function at a management level the scope of which includes the complete marketing and business development segment assigned.
- Tertiary degree in Marketing, Business or complimentary business field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ proven experience in a lead role in Marketing / Business Development in the Beverage, Bottling or Fast-Moving-Goods Industry.
- Previous experience in a multi-national organization would be considered an asset.
- Cultural Sensitivity, knowledgeable on public policy and crisis mitigation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools, including Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analytics in Marketing Research and Presentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proactive and detailed oriented.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and with others.
- Performance is driven with strong leadership skills.
- This Job required the incumbent to have a reliable working vehicle.
- Exerting 10 – 25 pounds of force (lift, carry, push, pull) ▢ Seldom ▢ Occasional ▢ Frequently
- Exerting 25 – 50 pounds of force (lift, carry, push, pull) ▢ Seldom ▢ Occasional ▢ Frequently
- Exerting over 50 pounds of force (lift, carry, push, pull) ▢ Seldom ▢ Occasional ▢ Frequently
- Operating mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or large computerize equipment
- Operating vehicles such as cars, trucks, forklifts, and/or cranes
- Working in a hazards location (proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals)
- Working in conditions that affect body (fumes, odor, dust, mists, gas)
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work requires local travel.
- May requires occasional evening and/or weekend work.