Assistant Plant Manager – Meat Plant
Caribbean Producers Jamaica Limited, a leading distribution and manufacturing company located in Montego Bay is actively searching for a dedicated, organized and efficient individual to fill the role of Assistant Plant Manager – Meat Plant for our Meat Plant Operations.
The Assistant Plant Manager - Meat Plant will report to the Meat Plant Manager. This position is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes and overseeing the daily operations of the food processing plant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that products and are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost.
- Ensures that products meet the health, sanitation and quality standard set by the company and regulatory authorities.
- Creating and execution of production schedules aimed at fulfilling demand in accordance with sales forecast.
- Coordinates the allocation of the requisite personnel, material and machines to achieve production targets.
- Monitors the performance of all resources in order to achieve efficiency and maintains accountability for the appropriate use of all human and material resources.
- Enforces compliance with the company’s quality management system (QMS) in areas of personnel hygiene, processing controls, quality and food safety procedures in collaboration with the Quality Assurance personnel.
- Execute on the job training as needed to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures and adherence to safe equipment operating instructions and general safety guidelines.
- Review raw material and finished goods inventory status in order to assure demand fulfilment.
- Generate weekly shift and production schedules.
- Conduct production yield assessments in conjunction with the Inventory Department.
- Maintains accountability for the safe and efficient use of all resources; equipment, raw materials, utilities, man power in order to meet production targets.
- Assist operating plans and budgets for the department that align with the Company’s strategic plans; and manage resources effectively to meet targets in those plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Production, Operations, Manufacturing or a similar discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Should possess OSHA and HACCP certification.
- Good project management skills with excellence planning & preparation ability.
- Experience in investigating physical inventory discrepancies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timelines and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel: including spreadsheet creation with formulas, graphs and managing metrics.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Interested individuals meeting the above criteria should submit their applications and resumes via email to the following:
Application Deadline: January 20, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.